Monday, January 08, 2007

Unfortunate happening

Last Friday night, Brady had an accident. He was not too happy with us, because we made him go to his room to clean it up. Well, while he was cleaning and probably because he was upset too, somehow a plastic part of his soccer goal got rammed into his mouth. When we first heard him yell, originally we thought it was him getting mad at Bethany. But as he walked down the stairs holding his mouth crying we realized that was defiantely not it! We ran him to the bathroom and I started cleaning him up. I thought it looked like he did some damage to his mouth, but I did get the bleeding to stop. After some consideration we decided not to take him to the hospital. I worried about him the whole night, I just didn't feel right about it. The next morning came and he was having a hard time eating and it looked swollen. So we took him to urgent care, right away the Dr said, "yep I'm going to have to stitch it up!" I felt terrible!
So Brady got two stitches under his tongue. He's doing ok now, they don't seem to bother him. The first couple of days were rough though. He's on an antibiotic to help with any infection that would maybe start. The stitches are supposed to dissolve in about a week. We're praying it doesn't affect his speech, the Dr was pretty careful and he said he didn't think he stitched it too tight. So we are just supposed to watch after the stitches fall out.

The moral of this story is: If you have a gut feeling that your child is really injured, just take them in just to be on the safe side! It's not worth the worry and the chance!

No comments: